Saturday 16 March 2013

Review & Swatches: Barry M Lip Paint 154 Nude


This has been a lipstick that I have been contemplating buying for a while because I had read some good reviews on it but I was always wary as I had previously purchased another Barry M Lip Paint lipstick which was so drying and like chalk on my lips. (Could have been the colour Marshmallow). It was also nothing like the colour it looked in the tube and was almost white once I applied it which put me off the Barry M Lip Paints for a while! But despite this I decided to purchase it this week in the hope that it would be better than the last shade I tried and I was glad I did because so far I really like it! I purchased mine from Boots for just £4.49.


It looks slightly darker in the tube than the colour it actually comes out as once applied to the lips so you do need to bear that in mind. 154 is a really nice nude colour with a pale peachy pink undertone to it which gives it some colour and prevents your lips from looking like they have foundation or concealer on them. 

Swatched on the back of my hand
As I mentioned before, the Barry M Lip Paints do tend to vary a bit with their texture and formula with some being completely matte and very drying on the lips and some being creamy and moisturising on the lips. I would say that shade 154 is somewhere in-between the two because it doesn't moisturise my lips and it does tend to dry my lips out a little, as when it begins to fade it goes slightly patchy, but it is also not completely matte as it does glide onto my lips easily so it is slightly creamy. Although I do not find it glossy at all. This lipstick also has no scent to it whatsoever which some people may like and some may not. Personally it does not bother me as to whether a lipstick has a sweet scent or no scent at all!



I have yet to find a pale pink/nude lipstick that stays on my lips for a long period of time but this one does do a better job than most. I have only used it around twice so far as I only purchased it this week, but when I have used it it seems to stay on my lips for between 1-2 hours. So far I am really liking this lipstick and am glad I purchased it!

Have you tried this shade? What do you think of it?
Also do you know of any good quality pale pink/nude lipsticks that I could try as I still haven't found my Holy Grail lipstick!


2 comments:

  1. Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I
    came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Superb blog and brilliant design.

    Check out my page - Methadone Doctors

    ReplyDelete