Sunday 3 February 2013

Review & Swatches: Makeup Academy (MUA) Heaven & Earth Eyeshadow Palette!


I had been looking for a cheap, good quality, neutral eyeshadow palette for so long and I have found it with the MUA Heaven & Earth Palette! I LOVE this palette which I bought from Superdrug for just £4 after reading really good reviews, hearing people rave about it and comparing it to more expensive high-end palettes such as the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It can also be bought from the MUA Website. This palette lasts me for a long time and I just repurchase it whenever it runs out. It contains 12 beautiful shades, all of which contain a shimmer, although some are more shimmery than others. For me this is the only downside to the MUA Heaven & Earth palette, as it contains no matte shades, so if you do not like eye shadows with a shimmer then this palette probably isn't for you. As well as this it also comes with a double ended sponge tip applicator, although I prefer to use my own eyeshadow brushes. All of these eye shadows are very pigmented and give a good colour at the same time as being very soft and easy to blend without giving a large amount of fall out like some eye shadows! Every one of these eye shadows stays on all day and only fades a little without a primer and with a primer the eye shadows stay on all day with the colour not fading at all and looking exactly the same at the end of the day as it did when it was first applied in the morning!

The top row
The top row swatches
The top row in this palette contains six shades including two pale, quite sheer colours that are good for base colours or a highlight, two gold colours, a pale brown/bronze colour and a dark brown colour. The pale white/cream colour on the far left is my favourite colour to use as a brow highlight and as a highlight in the inner corner of my eye whereas the gold colour on the far right is my favourite colour to use all over my eyelid as I find that it is the shade which makes my blue eyes 'pop' the most.

The bottom row
The bottom row swatches
The bottom row also contains six shades including one pale, quite sheer colour, a light brown colour, and four different dark brown colours, some of which have a more reddish tone to them. All of the darker brown colours are good for crease colours and for creating a brown smokey eye look, which is a look that I do daily!

This is an amazing palette for creating a variety of different everyday eye shadow looks and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes natural colours and shimmery eye shadows! Overall I would give this product a 9/10 just purely for the fact that it does not have any matte shades which lets it down slightly!

Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. Permanent Makeup Academy

    For permanent makeup training and classes, come to Permanent Makeup Academy. Are permanent cosmetics training courses are just for you. Call now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete