Wednesday 27 March 2013

ELF Haul #2

Last week I made an order from ELF because I had been needing some new make-up brushes and when I saw that they were doing free delivery for the weekend I made the most of it, so I thought I'd share with you what I bought. 


The first thing I bought was the Studio Kabuki Face Brush which was £6. This is one of their more expensive brushes but I liked the look of it and read some good reviews so thought I would give it a try. I bought this brush because I needed a new brush to apply my face powder with and so far I've been really liking it! It's really soft, picks up a lot of powder and doesn't seem to shed!


The next brush I bought was the Essentials Fan Brush which was £1.50. I bought this brush to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. So far I've been quite liking it, it's not the best brush ever but it does the job. It picks up a good amount of the highlighter and it's easy to use but the only problem I have found with it is that the brushes tend to spread out a bit when using it. 


I also bought the Essentials Eye Crease Brush which was £1.50. I already own their blending brush which I really like but I needed another brush; one to apply colour to the crease and outer corner of my eye and one to blend it out. I use this brush to apply the colour to the crease and outer corner of my eye which it does a really good job at because it's smaller than the blending brush and so it's more precise. 


The final brush I bought was the Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush which was £3.75. I use this brush to apply gel eyeliner to my eyelid and so far I am loving it! It has a thin nib which makes it really easy to achieve a thin line of eyeliner as well as a wing on the outer corner of the eye. The fact that it is angled also makes it easy to use because the nib is angled in the right direction. 


I repurchased the Essentials Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara which was £1.50 because my old one had gone a horrible colour from where it had picked up the eyeshadow powder. I really like this product, it's simple and does the job as it holds my eyebrows in place and the powder does not smudge. I don't use the mascara end as I do not wear clear mascara but it also works as an eyebrow gel if needed.


The final thing I bought was the Essentials Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm in Strawberry Creme which was £1.50. The main reason I bought this was because in order to get the free delivery I needed to spend a pound more, so I bought this lip balm because I needed a new lip balm and so I thought I'd try it. I actually really like this; it's really moisturising and it can either be worn by itself or under lipstick to make them shinier and more moisturising. It also doesn't really have a colour to it and just looks clear on my lips. 

p.s. sorry for the bad quality in some of the photos; the lighting was awful due to the weather and time of day and I didn't have my usual camera to take the photos with!

Have you tried any of these products? If so what do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment